Working out at home isn’t for everyone, but sometimes, it is the only option that you might have due to various different circumstances. Since giving birth 10 months ago, my home has become my gym as I have built my own home gym in under than $500. But even better is the fact that most of my workouts require little to no equipment.
5 Steps to Preparing For Your Home Workouts
1. Make a plan. Planning is the essential first step before beginning any exercise regimine, but if you are starting at home, then you will need all the planning that you can get-especially if you have little ones running amuck. Are you going to workout during their naps, will somebody be watching them, or will you include them in your workouts?
2. Look at what you have. Do you have any gym equipment at home? Will you be needing any gym equipment for your at home workouts? If so, then look at what you have that can be used as equipment for your workouts. If not, then no need to worry about this step!
3. Find your space. Are you going to workout in the living room? Is it big enough? Or will you take your workouts outside to the garage or hit the road?
4. Decide what to do. If there’s a specific target area in mind that you are wanting to tone up, then you might want to make a list of workouts to do to achieve this goal. Or if you are wanting to focus on doing more cardio vs strength training, you will need to decide what type of cardio to do.
5. Execute! Get your daily list of workouts ready or pop that workout DVD in and go! Make sure you have set aside at least 30 minutes or so to be able to fully focus on your workout. Remember to make the most of this time! You do not need to go to the gym in order to reach your goals.