Are you or the kids obsessed with McDonald’s chicken nuggets?
Here is a BETTER and MUCH HEALTHIER alternative to those and they are a lot tastier too!
++Healthier Herbed Chicken Nuggets++
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, seasoned
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Trim any fat from chicken and cut into 1-inch cubes.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the water and add the chicken.
4. Combine the parsley, thyme, bread crumbs, wheat germ, basil and pepper. Stir in the oil with a fork and mix well to distribute evenly.
5. Pour seasoning mixture into a resealable plastic bag and toss the chicken pieces to coat.
6. Place coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes, turn the pieces, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.